Player Code of Conduct
- I will play hockey because I want to, not because my parents, coaches or others want me to.
- I will always respect the game of hockey and I will always play to have fun. I will remember that winning isn’t everything, that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
- I will play and train to the best of my ability, giving 100% effort, 100% of the time.
- I will respect my coaches at all times and listen carefully to their instructions.
- I will do my best to be a coachable player, absorbing the instruction provided by my coaching staff.
- I will demonstrate a team first attitude in my behavior and my play, considering the goals of the team above any individual goals.
- I will have a positive attitude and never give up on myself, my teammates or my coaches.
- I will respect my teammates at all times and acknowledge all good plays and performances.
- I will promote teamwork and will not criticize or make negative comments about other players.
- I will arrive at practices and games on time and prepared.
- I will exemplify good sportsmanship in winning and in losing.
- I understand that there is no place for fighting in youth hockey. I will refrain from fighting and any other activity that could injure me, another player or coach.
- I will abide by all team rules and dress code.
- I will respect all facilities that I play in, home and away, and leave all locker rooms clean and undamaged.
- I will not curse or use foul language in the locker room or on the ice at a game or in practice.
- I will respect my opponents
- I will respect officials and accept their calls without challenge
- I will be aware that by my conduct I represent myself, my community and the Ice Cats Hockey Club.
- I will always respect the rights and property of others.
- I understand that being part of Ice Cats is a privilege, not a right..
I understand that failure to adhere to the Ice Cats Player Code of Conduct will lead to disciplinary action in the form of a suspension, loss of ice time or the possibility of team expulsion.
Parent Code of Conduct
I will show respect and positive support for coaches and officials, prior to, during, and after games and practices.
- I will ensure that my child behaves in a sportsmanlike manner and I will set a positive example at the rink and at home.
- I will demonstrate respect and support for all players prior to, during, and after all games and practices.
- I will be mindful that there is a balance between skill development and winning during games. Coaches have discretion to determine what is best for the team at any given time.
- I understand that ice time is not guaranteed and that there are times when there is a need for discipline and times when the good of the team outweighs the balance in ice time for all.
- I will be mindful of what I say aloud at the rink and will not criticize players, coaches, or officials during games regardless of team affiliation.
- I will be mindful of my role at all times, provide support, not openly instruct during games, or openly interpret rules.
- I will abide by the rulings of the officials, coaches, and league officials during and after the game.
- I understand that hockey is designed to be fun so I will not force my child to play, but support his/her desire to play.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and abide by the rulings of coaches, officials, and the Ice Cats.
- I will ensure that my child attends all team events and is on time for all events.
- I will not embarrass my child by yelling at players, coaches, or officials.
- I will not verbally or physically abuse my child after a game or practice