NY IceCats Parent Code of Conduct
Membership in the Ice Cats is not a right, it is a privilege. Members must abide by the Code of Conduct and their behavior is expected to mirror the spirit of this Code.
Parent Code of Conduct
1. I will show respect and positive support for coaches and officials, prior to, during, and after games and practices.
2. I will ensure that my child behaves in a sportsmanlike manner and I will set a positive example at the rink and at home.
3. I will demonstrate respect and support for all players prior to, during, and after all games and practices.
4. I will be mindful that there is a balance between skill development and winning during games. Coaches have discretion to determine what is best for the team at any given time.
5. I understand that ice time is not guaranteed and that there are times when there is a need for discipline and times when the good of the team outweighs the balance in ice time for all.
6. I will be mindful of what I say aloud at the rink and will not criticize players, coaches, or officials during games regardless of team affiliation.
7. I will be mindful of my role at all times, provide support, not openly instruct during games, or openly interpret rules.
8. I will abide by the rulings of the officials, coaches, and league officials during and after the game.
9. I understand that hockey is designed to be fun so I will not force my child to play, but support his/her desire to play.
10. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and abide by the rulings of coaches, officials, and the Ice Cats.
11. I will ensure that my child attends all team events and is on time for all events.
12. I will not embarrass my child by yelling at players, coaches, or officials.
13. I will not verbally or physically abuse my child after a game or practice.